Effective Monday, March 16, Sage will be open for social work and health services appointments only.
Great news!! With almost all seniors’ programs and centres closed in Alberta we are happy that we are able to partner with the Seniors' Centre Without Walls to offer virtual programming! We ask for everyone’s patience as we roll out this brand new way of programming to connect with seniors across Edmonton.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1)Dial the toll-free number:1.855.703.8985
2) You will hear an automated voice with the following message: “Welcome to Zoom. Please enter your Meeting ID number followed by #
*if you hear a message that this meeting does not exist, please check that you have entered the correct number and try again.
3) The next message will be the following: “Please enter the participant ID or press the pound key”
*There are no further ID numbers, please press the pound key
4) The next message will ask you to state your name and press the pound key (#). Please state your first name only.
What If I Can't Call Myself Into a Program?
If you are unable to call into a program, we can call you into the line. If you have requested but aren't receiving calls please contact Seniors Without Walls staff directly at 1-780-991-1423
1) A few minutes before the program starts, you will receive a call from a number that depending on your phone will show as unknown, Zoom or 1.646.568.7788. Please ensure you do not block this number!
2) An automated voice identifying it as a ZOOM MEETING. Press “1” to join the meeting
3) When asked, state your first name and then press the pound key (#)
For more information regarding programming please check out www.edmontonsouthsidepcn.ca/scww
Through the Seniors
- Participant in Drumming Circle for Seniors
There are so many things to do in Edmonton, but sometimes it is difficult to go out and try something new. Sage's Life Enrichment program can keep you busy! Sage offers courses, outings, trips, exercise, events, information sessions and more. There's something for everyone! Sage's Life Enrichment program looks at the whole person and there are activities to fit many goals: physical, mental, intellectual, social, and emotional. These activities are a great opportunity to connect with other seniors and socialize!
Some programs and activities are free, but you must pay a fee for others - we have something to fit any budget! Some programs require you to pre-register, and others are drop-in - to fit any schedule! We have activities that interest a range of age categories.
You can also find information on current and upcoming programs and activities, as well as other information about Sage, in the Sage Link Newsletter.
Would you like to get a discount on select course fees? Consider becoming a Sage Member! See our Membership page for more information. We also honour other senior centre memberships.
To register for a class, outing, tea, information session, etc., please call 780-423-5510.
We are always looking for volunteers to help with programs and activities. Please check out our Volunteer page for more information or if you are interested in volunteering.
For more information, or if you have suggestions for future classes, outings, etc., please contact the Life Enrichment Coordinator at 780-701-9016.