Sage provides a community where all seniors are valued and have the opportunity to live according to their beliefs, abilities and aspirations. With over 20 employees and over 100 volunteers working daily, Sage serves thousands of seniors.
At Sage, a powerful sense of mission influences everything we do. We want every Edmonton senior to live a full and healthy life, to do as much as they can, as well as they can, for as long as they can. To do this well, to strive to be the best we can be at it, we need great people who are eager to join that mission.
Current Job Postings:
Health Services Navigator
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing outreach, case-finding and follow-up services addressing the social, emotional, and health needs of older adults through assessment, support, connecting to resources, and system navigation. They will also foster social supports by connecting them to seniors’ centres and other community resources to increase their social connections.
This includes assisting the older adult in becoming familiar with housing options including transitional housing. This position will provide in home outreach services to allow seniors to stay in their own home in order to improve quality life and well-being.
These services may be offered at Sage or in the community, depending on the needs of the senior being served.
Qualifications of this position include:
• Bachelor degree and registered Social Worker with the ACSW or able to be registered with ACSW;
• Experience in the Human and Health Services field preferably with seniors;
• Knowledge of health systems for seniors, including transitions of care;
• Knowledge of resources for seniors in Edmonton;
• Undergo Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector;
• Have (and be prepared to use) a vehicle and possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license;
• Be able to obtain $2 million auto liability insurance.
For a complete job description, please click here.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by July 25, 2019 to:
15 Sir Winston Churchill Square
Edmonton AB T5J 2E5