Income Tax Preparation
Please note that we have closed our building and suspended most services to support social distancing measures. We are working remotely and continue to respond to essential needs. Staff are monitoring their emails and voicemails daily.
Please check back daily for updates.
The filling deadline has passed, but Sage volunteers are still available to complete tax returns for low-income seniors. Please note that this service is by appointment only; call 780-423-5510 ext. 336 to make an appointment and a volunteer will contact you. When making an appointment, please indicate how many years of income tax returns you need completed, and whether it is for just you, or your partner also.
What to bring when you come:
- Your 2018 tax return and assessment notice, if possible.
- All your information slips (T3, T4, T5, and information about any other income not included on a “T” slip).
- Receipts for medical expenses (a printout for the year from your pharmacist is ideal for prescription expenses).
- Receipts for charitable donations.
- If you have mobility issues, we have a volunteer who can come to you. Please call 780-423-5510 and let the receptionist know that you have difficulty getting out, and need someone to come to your home for income tax preparation. We will call you back to arrange a time for our volunteer to come.
For more information on volunteering for the Income Tax program, click here.
To learn more about why we offer income tax preparation for low-income seniors, click here.