Current Volunteer Opportunities at Sage
- Event Volunteers:
The Seniors’ Health and Wellness Forum: The goal of the Forum is to educate seniors, their families and caregivers about the range of information and resources pertaining to health, wellness and social supports vital to aging in place.
When: Saturday, November 4, 2017 9:00 am – 2:30 pm
Where: Central Lions Seniors Recreation Centre 11113 113 Street, Edmonton, AB Free parking available on site.
Volunteer Positions available:
1) Event Setup: This volunteer position is responsible for assisting with the setup of the event (e.g., stuffing participant bags, setting up chairs, tables, etc.). The volunteer(s) must be available to set up on Friday, November 3 from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
2) Moderators: 3 volunteers are needed for this position. This position is responsible for ensuring things run smoothly in the various session locations (Large Auditorium, Small Auditorium, Atrium). The volunteer(s) will read from a script that will be provided to them. The volunteer(s) must be available on Saturday, November 4 from 9:30 am – 2:30 pm.
3) Parking Assistants: 4 volunteers are needed for this position. This position is responsible for directing traffic at the event. Volunteers will receive radios and parking vests. The volunteers must be available on Saturday, November 4 from 7:30 am from 10:30 am
4) Handing out participant bags: Volunteers are needed to hand out participant bags to seniors. The volunteer(s) must be available on Saturday, November 4 from 8:30 am – 11:00 am. If the volunteer(s) can stay and assist with handing out boxed lunches, that would be appreciated (12:30 pm – 1:30 pm).
- Project Volunteer - Communications Assistant: Health and Wellness Forums - to increase profile of the annual Seniors Health and Wellness Forums. Time requirement: October 5 - November 4, 2017
- Food Prep Assistants for Sunshine Cafe: shifts available Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 12:30pm
- Sage Ambassador: To ensure all current and new seniors to Sage feel welcome and included. To provide information and connect seniors to Sage programs and services. Contribute to our vision, reflect the diversity of seniors and reduce seniors' social isolation.
- Online Communications: to help Sage maintain a consistent presence on social media: to access online opportunities to circulate/publish information; virtual networking and community building
- Content Creator: to provide timely, interesting content about Sage events for our print based and web-based materials
- CRIB or other Cards and Games Leader Do you have a passion for Crib or another board or card game? Why not start a group at Sage!
- Special Event and Activities Assistant: to assist Life Enrichment Coordinator with set up for special events and seasonal/special event decorating.
- Photography Group Coordinator: we would like to resume our photography group but require someone to coordinate and lead the group. If you have a passion for photography and can offer help/advice/training to group participants, come join our team at Sage!
- Sudoku Group Leader: if you enjoy doing Sudoku puzzles and would like to help or teach group participants, this may be for you
Process to become a volunteer at Sage:
- Click "HERE" to fill out our Volunteer Application Form and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Volunteer Coordinator at 780-701-9014 or come into Sage to complete the application form.
- If a position is available that suits your skills and talents, we will contact you.
- Reference check and work histories are verified.
- Complete a criminal records check (free for volunteers and processed by Sage).
- Volunteer orientation: provides an overview of the services and activities offered by Sage.
- Work shifts will be set up by your volunteer supervisor. Most positions use the buddy system - pairing an experienced volunteer with a newer volunteer.