Current Volunteer Opportunities at Sag
- Casino Volunteers for casino on September 18 & 19 at Grand Villa Casino
- Sunshine Cafe Cashier: Mondays 10am -2pm.
- TED Talks Discussion Group Facilitator
- Bridge Group Lead Coordinate and organize bridge ,materials and players.
- MOOC (Massive Open On-Line Course) Facilitator
- Photography Group Lead Coordinate and lead the photography group. Participants like to take pictures and share them. Share different photo techniques and camera settings. Offer help/advice/training for various photo taking technology. Plan photo opportunities.
- Reception: Receptionists are needed for both weekly on-going shifts and for casual.
- Sunshine Cafe Dishwasher: needed for Wednesday, 11:00am - 2:00p.m.
- Sage Ambassador: Do you enjoy chatting and engaging with people? This role greets seniors at Sage so they feel welcome and included. Share information and connect seniors to Sage programs and services. Contribute to our vision, reflect the diversity of seniors and reduce seniors' social isolation.
- Cards and Games Leaders: Do you have a passion for a board or card game? Why not start a group at Sage!
Process to become a volunteer at Sage:
- Click "HERE" to fill out our Volunteer Application Form and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Volunteer Coordinator at 780-701-9014 or come into Sage to complete the application form.
- If a position is available that suits your skills and talents, we will contact you.
- Reference check and work histories are verified.
- Select volunteer positions require a Police Information Check (free for volunteers and processed by Sage).
- Volunteer orientation: provides an overview of the services and activities offered by Sage.
- Work shifts will be set up by your volunteer supervisor. Most positions use the buddy system - pairing an experienced volunteer with a newer volunteer.