Current Volunteer Opportunities at Sage
- Special Event Volunteers: for Seniors' Health and Wellness Forum on Saturday, November 3, 2018. The forum will be held at Central Lions Recreation Center, 11113-113St. Various volunteer positions are available for the event. Complimentary breakfast and lunch will be provided. Please email Barb Carroll, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Craft Space Leader:Are you crafty? Share your creative side by leading the drop in Craft Space group on Monday mornings.
- Reception: Receptionists are needed for both the Main floor and 3rd floor reception desks.
- Computer Class Assistants: assist computer teachers by providing one on one support to students in the Beginner Computer Class
- Sunshine Cafe Dishwasher: needed for Wednesday, 11:00am - 2:00p.m.
- Everyday Fitness Instructor: to lead this easy and fun exercise series every Thursday from 10:30 - 11:30am.
- Life Enrichment Program Assistants: to work with the Life Enrichment Coordinators to deliver and/or develop activities to meet seniors needs. Tasks may include room set-up and take down, technology set up and take down, ensuring materials required for activity/program are present, attending the program/activity to act as Life Enrichment liaison for both the presenter and participants.
- Brain Fit Class Assistant: to assist teacher with setting up healthy snack and admin tasks ( if required). This role is required for Monday and Friday afternoons.
- Sage Ambassador: Do you enjoy chatting and engaging with people? This role greets seniors at Sage so they feel welcome and included. Share information and connect seniors to Sage programs and services. Contribute to our vision, reflect the diversity of seniors and reduce seniors' social isolation.
- Cards and Games Leaders: Do you have a passion for a board or card game? Why not start a group at Sage!
Process to become a volunteer at Sage:
- Click "HERE" to fill out our Volunteer Application Form and forward to email@example.com or contact Volunteer Coordinator at 780-701-9014 or come into Sage to complete the application form.
- If a position is available that suits your skills and talents, we will contact you.
- Reference check and work histories are verified.
- Select volunteer positions require a Police Information Check (free for volunteers and processed by Sage).
- Volunteer orientation: provides an overview of the services and activities offered by Sage.
- Work shifts will be set up by your volunteer supervisor. Most positions use the buddy system - pairing an experienced volunteer with a newer volunteer.