Current Volunteer Opportunities at Sage
- Computers for Beginners Instructor/Assistant: teach seniors computer basics--- from computer components, setting up an e-mail account, e-mail basics, and searching the internet.
- Bridge Group Director Coordinate and organize bridge ,materials and players.
- Photography Group Lead Coordinate and lead the photography group. Participants like to take pictures and share them. Share different photo techniques and camera settings. Offer help/advice/training for various photo taking technology. Plan photo opportunities.
- Reception: Receptionists are needed on a casual basis for the main floor reception desk to work when other volunteers are on vacation or ill.
- Sunshine Cafe Dishwasher: needed for Wednesday, 11:00am - 2:00p.m.
- Life Enrichment Program Assistants: to work with the Life Enrichment Coordinators to deliver and/or develop activities to meet seniors needs. Tasks may include room set-up and take down, technology set up and take down, ensuring materials required for activity/program are present, attending the program/activity to act as Life Enrichment liaison for both the presenter and participants.
- Sage Ambassador: Do you enjoy chatting and engaging with people? This role greets seniors at Sage so they feel welcome and included. Share information and connect seniors to Sage programs and services. Contribute to our vision, reflect the diversity of seniors and reduce seniors' social isolation.
- Cards and Games Leaders: Do you have a passion for a board or card game? Why not start a group at Sage!
Process to become a volunteer at Sage:
- Click "HERE" to fill out our Volunteer Application Form and forward to email@example.com or contact Volunteer Coordinator at 780-701-9014 or come into Sage to complete the application form.
- If a position is available that suits your skills and talents, we will contact you.
- Reference check and work histories are verified.
- Select volunteer positions require a Police Information Check (free for volunteers and processed by Sage).
- Volunteer orientation: provides an overview of the services and activities offered by Sage.
- Work shifts will be set up by your volunteer supervisor. Most positions use the buddy system - pairing an experienced volunteer with a newer volunteer.