Current Volunteer Opportunities at Sage
- Event Volunteers needed for Seniors' Housing Forum on Saturday, September 28 and Seniors' Health and Wellness Forum on Saturday, November 2. There are various volunteer roles available both for event set up on the Friday afternoon and for the event itself. Some volunteer roles for the event are: session moderators, room helpers, parking assistants, greeters and general assistants. For more detailed information on the various roles, please contact Barb, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-701-9014.
- Sunshine Cafe Cashier/ Host: Thursdays 10am - 2pm.
- TED Talks Discussion Group Facilitator
- Bridge Group Lead Coordinate and organize bridge ,materials and players.
- MOOC (Massive Open On-Line Course) Facilitator
- Photography Group Lead Coordinate and lead the photography group. Participants like to take pictures and share them. Share different photo techniques and camera settings. Offer help/advice/training for various photo taking technology. Plan photo opportunities
- Sage Ambassador: Do you enjoy chatting and engaging with people? This role greets seniors at Sage so they feel welcome and included. Share information and connect seniors to Sage programs and services. Contribute to our vision, reflect the diversity of seniors and reduce seniors' social isolation.
- Cards and Games Leaders: Do you have a passion for a board or card game? Why not start a group at Sage!
Process to become a volunteer at Sage:
- Click "HERE" to fill out our Volunteer Application Form and forward to email@example.com or contact Volunteer Coordinator at 780-701-9014 or come into Sage to complete the application form.
- If a position is available that suits your skills and talents, we will contact you.
- Reference check and work histories are verified.
- Select volunteer positions require a Police Information Check (free for volunteers and processed by Sage).
- Volunteer orientation: provides an overview of the services and activities offered by Sage.
- Work shifts will be set up by your volunteer supervisor. Most positions use the buddy system - pairing an experienced volunteer with a newer volunteer.