Current Volunteer Opportunities at Sage
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, the Sage building is currently closed. The majority of our volunteer roles have been suspended until the re-opening of Sage.
The one volunteer position that we are currently recruiting for is the FRIENDLY CHECK-IN CALLER. We are all craving human connection as we follow public health recommendations to physically distance and limit our social interactions. One way to foster a genuine connection and combat seniors' isolation and loneliness is through a regular, friendly phone call. It is a great opportunity to develop a relationship during this period of stress, change and risk management. If you are interested or would like to learn more about this valuable volunteer role, please contact Barb Carroll, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-701-9014 and leave a message.
When Sage re-opens, we will be recruiting for the below mentioned volunteer roles:
- Bridge Group Lead Coordinate and organize bridge ,materials and players.
- Karaoke Assistant
- Sage Ambassador: Do you enjoy chatting and engaging with people? This role greets seniors at Sage so they feel welcome and included. Share information and connect seniors to Sage programs and services. Contribute to our vision, reflect the diversity of seniors and reduce seniors' social isolation.
- Cards and Games Leaders: Do you have a passion for a board or card game? Why not start a group at Sage!
Process to become a volunteer at Sage:
- Click "HERE" to fill out our Volunteer Application Form and forward to email@example.com or contact Volunteer Coordinator at 780-701-9014 or come into Sage to complete the application form.
- If a position is available that suits your skills and talents, we will contact you.
- Reference check and work histories are verified.
- Select volunteer positions require a Police Information Check (free for volunteers and processed by Sage).
- Volunteer orientation: provides an overview of the services and activities offered by Sage.
- Work shifts will be set up by your volunteer supervisor. Most positions use the buddy system - pairing an experienced volunteer with a newer volunteer.