Current Volunteer Opportunities at Sage
- Directory of Senior Services Proof Readers: required for mid August to mid September. Sage publishes the Seniors Directory of Services annually. Proof readers are required to proof for accuracy, grammar and spelling.
- Special Event Volunteers: for Seniors' Housing Forum on September 22, 2018 and Seniors' Health and Wellness Forum on November 3, 2018. Both forums are held at Central Lions Recreation Center, 11113-113St. Various volunteer positions are available for the event set up, from 1:00 - 5:30pm on Friday, Sept. 21 and Friday, Nov. 2 as well as volunteer positions for the day of the event. You can volunteer for one and or both of the events. Please email Barb Carroll, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Reception: Main floor reception desk, Friday mornings
- Forms Completion Volunteer:to assist clients with the completion of government and housing forms as requested by the Social Workers at Sage.
- Computer Class Assistants: assist computer teachers by providing one on one support to students
- Life Enrichment Program Assistants: to work with the Life Enrichment Coordinators to deliver and/or develop activities to meet seniors needs. Tasks may include room set-up and take down, technology set up and take down, ensuring materials required for activity/program are present, attending the program/activity to act as Life Enrichment liaison for both the presenter and participants.
- Brain Fit Class Assistant: to assist teacher with admin tasks and set up snack. This role commences in September
- Data Entry: assist with data entry of various Sage programs surveys, statistics etc.
- Sage Ambassador: Do you enjoy chatting and engaging with people? This role greets seniors at Sage so they feel welcome and included. Share information and connect seniors to Sage programs and services. Contribute to our vision, reflect the diversity of seniors and reduce seniors' social isolation.
- Cards and Games Leaders: Do you have a passion for a board or card game? Why not start a group at Sage!
- Sage Lunch and Learn Group Project: to coordinate, execute and assist staff with Sage's Lunch and Learn sessions ( 3 times a year)
Process to become a volunteer at Sage:
- Click "HERE" to fill out our Volunteer Application Form and forward to email@example.com or contact Volunteer Coordinator at 780-701-9014 or come into Sage to complete the application form.
- If a position is available that suits your skills and talents, we will contact you.
- Reference check and work histories are verified.
- Select volunteer positions require a Police Information Check (free for volunteers and processed by Sage).
- Volunteer orientation: provides an overview of the services and activities offered by Sage.
- Work shifts will be set up by your volunteer supervisor. Most positions use the buddy system - pairing an experienced volunteer with a newer volunteer.