Current Volunteer Opportunities at Sage
- Sunshine Cafe Cashier: Mondays 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Food Prep Assistants for Sunshine Cafe: shifts available Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 12:30pm
- Reception and data entry: Main floor reception desk, Wednesdays
- Sage Ambassador: Do you enjoy chatting and engaging with people? This role greets seniors at Sage so they feel welcome and included. Share information and connect seniors to Sage programs and services. Contribute to our vision, reflect the diversity of seniors and reduce seniors' social isolation.
- Data Entry: assist with data entry of various Sage programs surveys, statistics etc.
- CRIB or other Cards and Games Leader Do you have a passion for Crib or another board or card game? Why not start a group at Sage!
- Volunteer Appreciation Event Assistant: assist with planning, preparation, decorating and set up of the bi-annual volunteer appreciation events ( April and December)
- Project Role: Telephone Data Collection and data entry: to create an accurate contact list of community engagement opportunities
- Sage Lunch and Learn Group Project: to coordinate, execute and assist staff with Sage's Lunch and Learn sessions ( 3 times a year)
Process to become a volunteer at Sage:
- Click "HERE" to fill out our Volunteer Application Form and forward to email@example.com or contact Volunteer Coordinator at 780-701-9014 or come into Sage to complete the application form.
- If a position is available that suits your skills and talents, we will contact you.
- Reference check and work histories are verified.
- Complete a criminal records check (free for volunteers and processed by Sage).
- Volunteer orientation: provides an overview of the services and activities offered by Sage.
- Work shifts will be set up by your volunteer supervisor. Most positions use the buddy system - pairing an experienced volunteer with a newer volunteer.